Yoonus Ibn ‘Ubayd also said:
“It has come to the point that one who knows the Sunnah will think it is something strange, and stranger than this person is who finds the Sunnah something familiar.”
Sufyaan Ath-Thawree said:
“Treat Ahlus Sunnah well, for they are the strangers.”
And Allah wants to lighten for you [your difficulties]; and mankind was created weak. [4:28]
Today’s picture comes from Kashmir. People have lived on houseboats on Dal Lake in Srinager for more than a century.
1. The brain feels similar to tofu, and contains enough fluid to fill a 1.5-2 litre soda bottle.
2. Archaeological evidence suggests that human brains may have shrunk over time. However, there is nothing to show that humans are less intelligent today compared to previous times.
3. The brain alone consumes about 20% of the oxygen in our blood, and 25% of the glucose. Thus it is a major energy consumer.
4. The human brain has more pronounced wrinkles than the brains of other species. This is linked to more sophisticated neural pathways and higher intellectual functioning.
5. Neurons only make up 10% of our brain cells. The rest is glue holding the neurons together. These other cells also mop up excess neurotransmitters, provide immune protection, and regulate synapse growth and functioning.
6. The brain doesn’t fully mature until we’re in our late teens. Multitasking, empathy and good decision-making are some of the last skills to develop.
7. The brain never stops changing. It can adapt to damaged nerves, grow new neurons, and form new neural connections.
8. Male and female hormones lead to differences in male and female brain development. For example, brain imaging has revealed general differences in the way both sexes experience, make social decisions and manage stress. However, nurture and environment play an important role as well.
“Indeed, mankind was created anxious:
When evil touches him, impatient.
And when good touches him, withholding [of it].
Except the observers of prayer —
Those who are constant in their prayer (Salat).”
Can I borrow your laptop?
*Logs out of tumblr*
*Double checks deleted history*
*Open Internet Explorer*
Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “The example of those who recite the Quran and memorize it is that of one who is with the ‘righteous and noble scribes’ (Qur’an, 80:15); and the example of one who recites the Quran with great difficulty is that of one who receives a double reward.”
(Sahih Bukhari 4653)
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Bukhari
عَنْ عَائِشَةَ عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ مَثَلُ الَّذِي يَقْرَأُ الْقُرْآنَ وَهُوَ حَافِظٌ لَهُ مَعَ السَّفَرَةِ الْكِرَامِ الْبَرَرَةِ وَمَثَلُ الَّذِي يَقْرَأُ وَهُوَ يَتَعَاهَدُهُ وَهُوَ عَلَيْهِ شَدِيدٌ فَلَهُ أَجْرَانِ
4653 صحيح البخاري كِتَاب تَفْسِيرِ الْقُرْآنِ سُورَةُ عَبَسَ عَبَسَ وَتَوَلَّى كَلَحَ وَأَعْرَضَ
Who are you to deny someone a second chance when God gives you one every minute, of every hour, of every day of your entire life?